Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thanks Idris!

I remember the evening when Tapa asked me to see Idris in his office. It was in 1987, I cannot recalled the exact date. That was the evening that practically change my perception about advertising. Walking into his office with a large portfolio bag, wearing my best shirt with a tie. He asked me what I was doing wearing the tie, I was embarrassed. 'I'm not looking for an AE...who wants to see your past works?'  He is very direct, blunt. I started my new chapter in my advertising career that very same evening. The years working with Idris Associates are filled with everything I couldn't imagine. The passion, commitment, laughter, joy...the friendship, the bond between all of us...it was fantastic! There's so much to write and tell during those years, from Bukit Bintang to Bangsar, maybe some day. What I would like to say is, it was difficult to leave Idris Associates, but I guess it's 'TAKDIR'. The journey I travelled in Idris was wonderful...lots of beautiful memories, the education I received is more than I can imagine...thanks Idris!

1 comment:

  1. nang, we need more stories from you. keep 'em coming ... short and sweet:-)

    ReplyDelete